Saturday 14 December 2013

Where Do You Feel Powerful?

Eric Liddell (I think a chain of supermarkets were named after him) was the subject of the wonderful movie Chariots of Fire. An Olympic runner, the movie was about Liddell's struggle to pursue his passion for running and remain faithful to his passion for God.



There is a moment in the movie when Eric is getting "gev out to" by his sister for focusing too much on his running and neglecting his responsibility to God. I love his response.

"I believe that God made me for a purpose.
He also made me fast,
and when I run I feel his pleasure"

Isn't that the most wonderful thing ever? As we practice the gift God has given us "we will feel his pleasure".

Where do you feel God's pleasure? Arising up from inside of you, from your belly, strength, ability competence, joy. A few years ago I was on the horns of a difficult decision regarding how to pursue my own giftedness. Over coffee, a very wise friend  asked me "Where do you feel powerful"? It was such an empowering question. Becoming a prayer guide and even this blog have been parts of that answer.

So Charlie...
Where do you feel powerful?
What activity makes you feel God's pleasure?


No comments: